Thursday, August 4, 2016

Attitude Creates Reality

I came across this poem, written by a student in high school, and I couldn’t help but be amazed at that individual’s wisdom. I think this is something we can all take to heart:

Today was the absolute worst day ever 
And don't try to convince me that 
There's something good in every day 
Because, when you take a closer look, 
This world is a pretty evil place. 
Even if 
Some goodness does shine through once in a while 
Satisfaction and happiness don't last. 
And it's not true that 
It's all in the mind and heart 
Because 
True happiness can be obtained 
Only if one's surroundings are good 
It's not true that good exists 
I'm sure you can agree that 
The reality 
Creates 
My attitude 
It's all beyond my control 
And you'll never in a million years hear me say that 
Today was a good day 

Now, read from bottom to top.